Thursday, May 2, 2013

Benefits to a Bilingual Education

I created this blog to document my journey of teaching.  This is my first year as a teacher and next year I will hopefully have a digital classroom.  I am a 5th grade bilingual teacher. It is so important for kids to learn another language and learn about other cultures in the world.  There are so many benefits to learning another language and the ideal time to learn is age 3 - 11.

Here is an interesting video about the benefits of bilingual education.




Hope this encourages you to think about your own child's education.  I know as a mother of two, I will definitely be passing my Spanish onto my sons so they can enjoy the benefits of being bilingual.

2 comments:

  1. This a great video! You are so right, learning a foreign language is an invaluable skill and is so necessary for our children! Learning another language teaches you not only about foreign cultures but allows you a different perspective with which to view your own language and culture. I teach high school Spanish and for most of my students it is the first time they are learning a foreign language. I wish my school district had a bilingual program or even offered foreign language classes before high school. You are doing great work, have a great second year of teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Learning a foreign language is soo invaluable! The earlier you start, the better!

    ReplyDelete